- 3 for 1 Cabbages storming the charts coming back strong, spring green, savoy and red but you may want to wait one further month, so it is in its prime.
- I know you missed it, (even if it only takes one month a year off) Cauliflower is back readied to be priced for those summer salads. Just in time for lighter fish dishes and salads fennel is in.
- Kohlrabi is now in its prime, Onions too are best this time of year. Not scared of a little bit of sun Pumpkins and Parsnips return in July.
- The myth the legend that is Celery is back to its peak, but does it really make you lose more weight than you gain? (Either way its great with a Bloody Mary for those sunny brunches).
- Coming out of season in July Asparagus green and purple, Garlic too but it makes its come back in August, we’re all entitled to a summer holiday.
- Kale still out of season but has 1 more growing month before it comes back harder than Popeye.
- Potato season has finished so stop eating chips and get your summer body back.
- And finally take a bow, Shallots are out of season.
- Lamb is at its sweetest, Pigeon nice and plump from spring berries and nuts and Rabbit perfect for summer Paella’s.
- Canadian Lobster is still fabulously sweet perfect for posh summer rolls. Giving it all that, like a Brit Majorca Brown Crabs makes its come back.
- Shout out to the old school Grey Mullets and Winkles which are in this summer.
- Black Bream this is its last good month before it’s summer holidays.
- 3 fish coming out season to leave you feeling flat Dover Sole, Turbot and Dabs are off to Whitley Bay on its summer holiday.
- Even the God of fish needs time off John Dory comes to its end. Whilst Spider Crabs scuttle off too.
More About GoKart
GoKart is a revolutionary app that lets restaurants order supplies through their phone. Our catalogue of 50,000 products includes sustainably sourced ingredients and eco-friendly packaging. We works with 100’s of restaurants across the UK – connecting them with the right suppliers and saving them money.
Explore our suppliers: